Friday, January 4, 2008

I suck at napping

I don't do this often, but tonight I did.

Feeling as though the workday-long pressure of sinus muck pressing against my rods and cones was going to result in some undesirably violent illustration of exactly what a full-on brain conniption actually looks like, I decided to take a nap.

This would rest my rods and cones, and my brain, I thought. I was reclining in my La-Z-Boy chair. This was at 7:23 p.m. tonight.

I woke up at 1:40 a.m.

I don't consider that a nap. Thirty minutes is a nap. Even sixty minutes is a nap. Six hours and seventeen minutes is NOT a nap --- It's called SLEEP! And now it's 3:55 a.m. and I'm still awake. I've been surfing the web, not sleepy in the least. Sure, my rods and cones aren't as pissed off at my sinuses now, but I'd be willing to wager my entire collection of Muppet videos that my eyes (or some other body part that is currently drunk on post-nap, zen-like calm) won't be feeling so peaceful when the alarm fires off to wake my ass up tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m.

I suck at napping.

2 comments:

Rebecca Hickman said...

Hope you are feeling better. Maybe you need a louder alarm clock? Or two?

jenji said...

I'm concerned whether or not you were wearing the correct onezie for napping. For instance, if you were wearing the sleep onezie, then you just suck in planning. But if you were wearing the nap onezie, well then you indeed suck at napping.

Besides, I don't buy that "I sleep in my chair" nonsense. You can't nap where you...nevermind.

Glad you got some relief though.

jenji